Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Who's That Girl?

Whos-That-Girl
Rose Quarter MAX Platform, Inner NE Portland
July 27, 2005, 4:22 PM
f/3.2, 1/125 sec, 238mm equiv focal length
[ -= prev + next =- ]

My Photo Friday entry for this week.

[I'm trying a new page format, to move the sidebar content to the bottom, which gives me more horizontal room in my post for a larger image. I don't like the way it's pushed up against the left edge -- I thought I'd found the setting to adjust that (content padding:15), but it doesn't hold its format between 'preview' and 'publish.' The main problem: I really don't know HTML. I'm tinkering beyond my ability.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo.

To solve your table problem, insert another column to the left of your image column. In that new column put a transparent gif spacer image (or if you keep using a black background...an all black gif) set to whatever width you wish to pad off the let edge. Set the height to 1px. This will create an "invisible" image of very thin proportions that will keep your main image cell from sliding left. Very easy fix.

Karl said...

I like that idea, to add a column to the left. (I think I could do that if I was working with a WYSIWYG editor.) But I'm limited to the Blogger settings editor, and I don't think the Blogger template/style sheet is set up as a table.

I also see this morning, from my desk at work, in IE, that there *is* a left buffer (but the right edge cuts some text). I was testing last night at home in Firefox. Maybe it's not a problem, and maybe it is, depending on the browser.