Monday, July 25, 2005

Playground at Dusk


Playground-at-Dusk
SE Portland, Reedwood Friends Church
July 20, 2005, 8:05 PM
f3.6, 1/125 sec, 38mm equiv focal length

I erased part of a tree, and then evened out the tone in the sky. And some blending with layers that deepened the shadows and brightened the glare.

[Yeah, I'm starting to get that feeling... is anybody out there interested in what's going on in here? Nearly all my hits are on Photo Friday entries, and then not a lot of clicking around. I can relate, because when there are upwards of 500, 600 Photo Friday entries, I feel the need to assess and move on. And I still haven't yet come close to seeing all the entries in a given week. So, if I post an entry I get hits, but no comments yet from the voters.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some readers don't comment, but it doesn't mean they don't visit daily (I visit through bloglines).

Keep posting, and eventually you will have your audience.

Karl said...

Thanks Ioannis -- it helps to hear that. I'd guess the 'newbie slump' is normal. I'm just trying to deal with the reality that there are thousands+ photoblogs out there, and everyone has to sort through dozens to find a few worth remembering. And with so many options, if I just spent my time on the Photoblogs.org top-100, I'd be busy for weeks.

Anonymous said...

... but you'll be surprised how many useless of the thousands+ the randomiser reveals...

On a seperate comment, I'd increase the size of the pictures on the main page. I like large size pictures and they add a lot of value I think.