Friday, July 22, 2005

Tile Roof


Tile-Roof
SE Portland, OR, roof of Reedwood Friends Church
July 20, 2005, 7:22 PM
f3.6, 1/350 sec, 218 equiv focal length

...But I wonder if any of that camera data means much, considering it's been tweaked in post-production. To me, this one's about the texture/patterns, and the shadows/lighting.

I'm looking back and thinking back, and realize that I spend a lot of time shooting abstracts (like this) and details. I should try to stretch more and work on capturing scenes. Or maybe my current mode is a creative phase I should play out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are sublime. I adore this city and you have managed to capture it's exotic little nook and crannies with an exquisite eye.

As a Portlander your photos make me feel like I'm in a priviledged class of people living in a otherworldly universe filled with serendipitous moments.

I often can't find words to describe my gitty school girl crush I have for Portland, but your photos portray what words alone cannot.

Simply put your good at your craft, lucky you.

Karl said...

Thank you Laurel! Your words are very generous.

Portland ... I can't imagine living anywhere else. I keep looking for ways to show this place I call home. And I keep hoping other people will want to see it too.