Monday, July 11, 2005

Sky Pole, 1928

Utility Pole & Sky
SE Portland, at corner of 79th Ave and Center St
July 7, 2005, 8:03 PM
f2.8, 1/180 sec, 38mm equiv focal length

I did some cleaning up on this image, and warmed the tones of the pole but not the sky. I do like the result. ...It does make me wonder what the numbers mean. I should have compared it to other utility poles on the street, to see if there is a sequence. It wouldn't match any house addresses on that block. Could it really be the year it was installed?

4 comments:

HutchDeluxe said...

It could be. The tag below it says it was inspected when, 1988? I'm curious if there is a pattern of ones nearby. I'll check a few on my way home from work.

Anonymous said...

Report back with your findings...

HutchDeluxe said...

The similar pole numbers in my neighborhood seem to correspond to address blocks. Makes me doubt that any of them would refer to year. I saw inspection tags for 1989 around here too.

Karl said...

Well... it turns out (looking at one of the other pics of this pole) that the numbers are actually 3928, which *would* correspond to house numbers on that block. But I'm not changing the title, so too bad.