Saturday, July 16, 2005

1 Hour Dry Cleaner

1-Hr-Dry-Clean
Gresham, OR, Division Street near the MAX line
July 10, 2005, 5:49 PM
f3.7, 1/500 sec, 380mm equiv focal length

This is an experimental piece for me. I liked the kitchy sign at the dry cleaner's, but all the pics I took looked too mundane as they were. So I played with the color settings ... quite a bit. Check out the green pigeon. There's also a significant bit of Photoshop magic on some of the corners and edges. But if you can't tell, why should I?

2 comments:

Owen Billcliffe said...

I rather like the Photoshopping of this image, similar to crossprocessing film. In answer to your question on my blog regarding 35mm Nikon lenses on a Nikon D70 body, they will work just fine but for technical reasons (Google it!) the magnification/zoom will be higher and the angle narrower on the digital body. Enjoy!

HutchDeluxe said...

I hadn't even noticed the pigeon until I read the text. Those campy old-school signs strike a chord with me too; I should go photograph one near home that I know of before it gets torn down. Good photo.